Saturday, February 26, 2011

Refurbished furniture

Lesson learned: Always take a before picture of furniture you are refurbishing. I have been trying to describe what it looked like prior to the fabulous paint job. All I can say is, imagine a 70's style black fleck paint job, with huge brass knobs.
I purchased this piece at the local D.I. for 20 dollars. I started with a coat of Krylon primer, and followed with a Krylon semi gloss spray paint. I then purchased the knobs at Hobby Lobby for 10 dollars. Total cost 40 dollars. Not too bad for my first time. This piece is lovely, and fits this wall perfectly.
Did you also catch a glimpse of the topiarys. They are not your typical topiarys, and I did not spend 35 dollars a piece (sorry Tai Pan). I made them by purchasing two candle stick holders from Hobby Lobby. I bought foam cones and covered them with Modge Podge (a little tedious) and covered them with dried split peas. Honestly, you can't tell unless you take a closer look. Total cost 23 dollars.

No comments: