Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wall stencil

One of the many things we love about our house is our entry way. Nowadays builders don't build homes with great entry ways. This is a before picture looking towards the front door.


Prior to purchasing our house I was in the clearance section at Joanns and spotted this demask stencil. It was on clearance for 1 dollar. I have read blogs and know that stenciling is the newest rage, so I bought two stencils, a sponge, and delta paint creme. Total cost of this project 9 dollars, everything was on clearance!





I used a standard leveler, and used tape to hold the stencil against the wall. It took me 5 hours give or take to complete this project. Here is a view from our front room into the entry way.






These pictures don't do it justice. All I have to say is, thatI am in love with this wall and what can I stencil next?











1 comment:

FAB SIX said...

you did a great job, so excited for you and your new house.