Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Devil cabinet

We are short on cabinet space in our kitchen. I was looking for a small cabinet, that I can put our canned and dried food in. I purchased this cabinet from Homedecorators.com. It is actually great quality for the price. It is not your typical particle board crap.

I purchased this cabinet knowing I was going to paint it black, because that is the color of our furniture through out our house. I thought it would be an easy task. Once it comes, it will be disassembled and it will be super easy to spray paint right......wrong. It started off easy, until the paint started to bubble due to the manufacture finish on it. I then had to sand the entire thing, and hand paint it. Once I hand painted it, I didn't like that that it wasn't smooth ( I know, I know, I am too picky) so I antiqued it. I finished it off by purchasing new antiqued pewter knobs from Hobby Lobby for 2.99 a piece.


This cabinet is the Devil. It occupied my garage while I worked on it for three weeks. It was a pain to paint, it was a pain to put together. But I finally I finished it. Overall I am okay with results. I am not in love with it, but I don't hate it anymore. However I will always refer to it as the devil.

No comments: